AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way OT, but I know there's at least a few rockers here, so I thought I'd post these. The DAT recording turned out well too..

Copy these, pass them around. A great show, even the opening act was decent. Go see them if you haven't yet, I have a feeling they'll never tour again.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another one

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These two fine specimens proved to be somewhat distracting...

It must be great to be blonde, they got free smokes and beer all night from the many testosterone-overloaded drunks all around us. I got their email addresses and took their pix on the premise that I liked their shirts.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Semi- empty your mailbox, or send me an email at home. If you're into bootlegs at all, I've got dozens of shows on CD..:)

·
Banned
241 Posts
Huge VH fan here,

It's too bad Van Hager did not record a new album to tour behind. Glad to see them playing music again but I thought they might have been able to really come back big with a huge album but touring behind a greatest hits package does not suggest they are looking towards the future but what do I know.

I also have the feeling this will be it for VH... but again, What the heck do I know? Nothing damn it!

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bruce Allen (Bryan Adams' manager) does a very opinionated 10 minutes of talk radio on the local rock station once a week. He said on Friday that there was no interaction between Sammy and Eddie, and that this was a big cash grab. Maybe I was skewed because of his opinion, but there did seem to be no interaction between Sammy and the other members, so he could be right.

Up for Breakfast is a good rocker, but yeah, VH III was a bust, and I think they lost a lot of fans because of it. Too bad DLR can't control his ego, a VH tour with him would sell out for sure, but last night's show was fun.

For the lucky guys in the front row, Sammy was signing autographs all night while performing, I've never seen that happen at any other concert.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Semisentient.

The movie is Joe Dirt.

I have never been a fan of Sammy Hagar. Before or after Van Halen. Adding a singer that wasn't a great rock singer on his own (his voice is too lyrical for rock) into a band of great musicians (although aged now) was a mistake.

Like substituting Robert Plant for Sting.

Darren

·
Banned
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Curt Palme
Bruce Allen (Bryan Adams' manager) does a very opinionated 10 minutes of talk radio on the local rock station once a week. He said on Friday that there was no interaction between Sammy and Eddie, and that this was a big cash grab. Maybe I was skewed because of his opinion, but there did seem to be no interaction between Sammy and the other members, so he could be right.

Up for Breakfast is a good rocker, but yeah, VH III was a bust, and I think they lost a lot of fans because of it. Too bad DLR can't control his ego, a VH tour with him would sell out for sure, but last night's show was fun.

For the lucky guys in the front row, Sammy was signing autographs all night while performing, I've never seen that happen at any other concert.
No interaction? But the pictures you took shows Sammy hugging Mike:p .. I heard the same thing, That Ed and Sam don't really talk but Mike and Sam are tight. I was never a Hager fan but 5150 was a great album and Sammy grew on me. There is no doubt that Sammy sounds great on the new cuts. His voice has gotten better--Up for breakfast is my fav out of the three new tunes.

VH does not need my sympathy, they've has a long and incredible career. I think they are in the top 5 bands for all time record sales. I think it's like the Beatles, M. Jackson, Garth Brooks and VH-- or something like that.

I just wish they would go out with a bang. If one of those three new tunes was killer they would be right back on top but the tunes are just OK. Actually, I am talking as if the tour is not going well, but as I understand it they were one of the top grossing tours this past summer and are still doing well. I think they are ahead of people like Dave Matthews.

They've had a better and longer career than most. If it's over. Let Eddie ride into the sunset with a marlboro in his mouth. He's made his mark.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speaking of DMB, I was talking about them with teh guy I went to the show with last night. I've downloaded a bunch of tracks of his, live ones with them doing covers, and frankly, he doesn't sound professional at all. Off key, sloppy performances, etc. The studio tracks sound OK, but so do Britney's..;)

I understand now that Phish are gone and the Dead are well...dead, the jam band fans need a band to cling to, but I haven't been impressed with what I've heard. Maybe I should have seen them in Wa. state when I had the tix in hand to see what the fuss is about.

Curt

Curt

·
Banned
241 Posts
BTW, Curt,

I recieved the glass and coolent (I always forget the name for it) for my 1031. Thanks! The repair went great and now I could pack it up and ship it out. Should have my $177 ECP 4100 in a few days.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Row 10, seat 27. Dead centre, woohoo!

Was he the guy passed out and she got arrested?

(just kidding, it was a pretty mellow crowd inside, but you wouldn't have guessed that from the yahoos outside before the show.)

Curt

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Curt Palme
These two fine specimens proved to be somewhat distracting...:)

It must be great to be blonde, they got free smokes and beer all night from the many testosterone-overloaded drunks all around us. I got their email addresses and took their pix on the premise that I liked their shirts.

:D
Um Curt?? Could you please foward me those email addresses ASAP??

:D

Cliff

·
Registered
JVC RS40, Pioneer Elite Receiver, B&W Atmos in ceiling. Draper Onyx.
658 Posts
One of these day's I'll get around to seeing Van Halen. I've seen Phish too many times to count and to be honest I was starting to get a little bored of them. The were good ten years ago in my opinion. They made the right move to call it quits. I saw two Dead shows over the summer. These were the first shows I caught since Garcia died. They were ok. Nothing like when they had Garcia in there though. DMB is far from a jam band when compared to Phish or the Dead. I like DMB but there no comparison when it comes to the Jam. Of the hundreds of hours of Phish and Dead sitting on the racks in the living room I still find myself digging back to the 60's and early 70's Dead.

Can't wait to watch the Gratful Dead movie DVD on the PJ in a few weeks. I want to see the Wall of Sound clear and true. See that kids....don't do drugs....you might spend ALL of your money on a ridiculously big PA system.

John

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Curt, any progress on that HVPS?

Chip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.