Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Given the proliferation of professional refurbishers, addicts, hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers around here, I was wondering if the following idea would have any traction.

As an IT consultant, private web hoster and developer by profession, it would be fairly easy for me to build a web site that served as a parts availability and listing clearing house for CRT projectors.

The idea is to consolidate the "i got this laying around" and "i just need X in order to finish my PJ" into a site where people can go to see what parts people have available and/or need.

Basically, it would be a big database of all known CRT parts where users can post what they have available to get rid of. I haven't worked out the business model yet, but it would probably operate on the "donate" model unless traffic got excessive.

Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to contribute.

Thanks,

Jerry

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first thing I'm going to need is a comprehensive parts cross-reference. I have good sources for Barco parts, but I'll need data similiar to Barco's spreadsheets for other makes of projector.

If anyone has such information in electronic form, please contact me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey Jerry,

There are many of us on here who have tons of parts laying around from past machines that we would really like to do something with. Let us know whatelse you might need. See if Tim Martin has anything on the EHomes for you.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.