Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I see major high voltage problems..:)

·
Registered
505 Posts
The website is back up. Very interesting.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've just watched two of their presentation videos. Is this a hoax?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
They do that in Darling Harbour (Part of Sydney Harbour) each year as part of the festival, have a screen of 'water vapour' that is projected onto in the harbour and they show movies - however the water is quite visible.

Maybe these guys just have a really really dusty office.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Looking at the patent application (I got a copy from one of the guys at AP.org) it does indeed create an invisible 'microfog.'

They also state "multisource projection" which is probably to make the image bright enough for a good image to remain visible from wherever you are standing in the room.It basically uses thermoelectric cooling to get the air cold enough for condensation to occur (i.e. it pulls the water out of the air) which is why they have a fairly strict humidity range listed in their operating requirements.

As stated on the other site - the Air2Water company already has a patent for extracting water from the air, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some litigation from that corner if this takes off.

The initial pricing is pretty harsh though, I contacted them and hey were talking US$20,000 plus!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by raster
you can only watch it every other day due to watering restrictions.
^That was funny^

Givin chops to Raster....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.