AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trolling these boards for a while, I have figured out that you are able to receive HD HBO and a few other channels with a DISH receiver. Will the 6000 unit also tune OTA HD? I live in the CA Bay Area and figure I will be locked out of receiving HD network programming from Dish.

What HD programming will I get with the Dish 6000? Will the 6000 unit also receive OTA HD?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
With the optional plug in 8vsb module for the 6000 you'll be able to tune in any H/DTV signals in your area with an antenna.

From Dish Network themselves you can get HBO, Showtime and HD PPV. You may or may not qualify for the CBS-HD feed depending on where exactly you live. You'll have to call and ask.

These feeds would be available with a second dish pointing at 148 degrees. Or only the one dish if you dont plan on getting any of Dish's SD channels from 110/119 with the Dish500.

I say 148 for the HD because thats usually easier to see from the left coast, though they broadcast their HD at 61.5 also. Some can see that one from the west coast. Many cant. The only advantage to 61.5 over 148 at this time is that the HD demo loop channel is only on 61.5 and not 148 yet I dont believe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.