Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Atl_Buckeye
Can I mount a Channel Master 4228 in my attic and receive ota broadcasts from about 40 miles away????
It all depends where you live. I am in a similar position using this same antenna and I can get CBS, FOX, WB and TBS (very strong signal). Your best bet would be to mount it on a roof.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Roof mounts are always better than Attic Mounts. The roofing material can cut you signal strenght by almost 50%.

40 miles may be pushing it with an attic mount. Your surrounding terrain may also affect your reception. If you live on higher ground, your chances improve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can also join the Atlanta HDTV group on yahoo. They happen to have a ChannelMaster 4228 available for loan and I happen to have it now. I live in Mableton so I'm only about 15 miles away from transmitters and I get a pretty good signal from everything except PAX. I live on the back side of a big hill between me and the transmitters and my next door neighbor is directly between me and the transmitters. I used a 10dB amp (15dB caused TBS to be overdriven).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.