AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do an attic install for OTA HDTV signals in Chicago. I live about 35 miles north and a little west of the Sears tower. I also seem to be about 50

miles from Milwaukee. The channel master 4228 seems great for UHF (tight turning radius good for attic) and I'm hoping to be able to pull in a Milwaukee stations with it as well (am I kidding myself here, especially since I am in the attic?).

The problem is CBS is supposed to broadcast on channel 3, a VHF signal. I was thinking I would just buy another (hopefully very cheap) VHF antenna, aim it at the Sears tower and use the CM "jointenna" system to combine the signal with the UHF antenna. Then if I find I can get Milwaukee stations I can get a Rotor for my 4228 UHF antenna.

The other route is to get a UHF/VHF combo antenna and rotor but I don't think this will work at all to pull in Milwaukee stations. The UHF portion might not be good enough.

Those of you in Chicago, what has been your experience?

All the best,

Ricardo

·
Registered
729 Posts
Get a VHF for Chicago and the put the UHF on a rotor. The UHF will be small enough to swing around the 110 degrees or so you will need. Use a diplexer to put them together. This is what I did for a friend in Crystal Lake

------------------

Jim Burns
www.dtvconsultants.com

·
Registered
247 Posts
Saw your link under Jim Burns Ant thread. I get Chicago without a problem. Note as of now Milwaukee has NBC(analog 4, digital 28) and PBS (analog 10 digital 8) as the only two up. Maybe awhile for the others--and the D****d 12 cbs is blocking any waivers for sat subscribers!

Bill

PS using the CM remote rotar, CM UHF/VHF mast amp, RS best UHF/VHF ant and Mits hd stb on roof 15 foot mast.

------------------

Cranial Nerve II With control by III, IV, and VI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.