AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any luck with leaving the antenna in the attic instead of mounting it on the roof in this area? I don't have the antenna yet, but would like to pick up Sacramento/Stockton/Fresno stations from Manteca. I have a 2 story house and could put it as high as possible in the attic with a rotor.

Any recomendations on equipment?

My receiver is a Panasonic TU-HDS20.

------------------

Scott Vonhof
Scott's Site: DIY Speakers and Theater

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpedy-bump

I have looked at http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/ and have decided that I could get away with a large multi-directional. Now, I have not looked at which ones would be considered large-multi, but I was wondering if I can still put one of these puppies in my attic with minimal adverse effects.

Any info? I could put it on the chimney, but that would be much more difficult.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had good luck with the CM4228. A friend has this installed in his attic, so it may work for you. I have it mounted outside, but not high up. In fact it is below my roof peak, but picks up all DTV in the 90-100% strength range.

Byas

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at the channel master site, it doens't say anything about what type of antenna it is (directional or multi-dir). Do you have any ideas? Do you guys us a rotor for it, or place it and forget it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd say it's large directional. We use it without rotor. I'm in Folsom, and my friend is further east in El Dorado Hills. We should be ~ the same dist you are from the towers (30-45miles).

Byas

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I don't think I will have a problem fitting it in the attic, as long as I don't have to turn it.

Maybe I will check to see if I can pick one up tomorrow on my off day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.