AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to get the NBC channel in Ft Smith from Fayetteville. I can get ABC(Fayetteville) and CBS(FT Smith) by using indoor antenna but cant get NBC in Ft Smith. I tried a directional yagi with preamp but got nothing. Is anyone having better luck with a different antenna or should I give up and wait for the Rogers station to go live? If they ever do. Go Hogs!!!

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
HDURFTV,

According to this site at the FCC , KPOM-DT in Ft. Smith has a "Special Temporary Authority" (STA) to operate at LOW POWER. Since they're likely broadcasting at only a fraction of what would be considered normal power, it's doubtful you can pick 'em up in F'vlle.

-- Sam (in LR)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Sam If I am reading that right it seems that they are building a new tower and are transmitting at reduced power until the new tower is completed. Is that what you got out if it?

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Looks to me as if the "Full Service" and "STA" antennas will be at the tower. According to the application, the FS antenna will be about 5 meters higher on the tower than the STA antenna. Power will increase from 6 to 200 kw ERP.

But I wouldn't look for them to do this any time soon. Many stations don't care about DTV and are only going to do the bare minimum to meet FCC requirements for now. They don't want to pay the electricity costs of broadcasting at full power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.