AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I need help in choosing the right antenna for my situation. I have access to the roof of my building (4 story townhouse) in Brooklyn and have a Dish Network model 6000 with an 8VSB card. My goal is to use a fixed antenna to receive HD content from local stations, which for the most part transmit from the Empire State Building and World Trade Center.

Using a pre-existing VHF/UHF combination antenna on the roof I can tune the digital versions of WNBC, WNYW, WABC, WPIX, but not WCBS (note for the curious that I can also receive WNYE). I have line of sight to the World Trade Center, but a neighboring building obstructs the Empire State Building (which is probably why I can't receive WCBS). My location is within 5 miles of both of the World Trade Center and Empire State buildings and there is a 45 degree spread between the two from my vantage point.

So given the above information, what set of antennas make the most sense? My suspicion is that I'm dealing with a lot of multi-path interference, but that's just a guess. I've read good things about the Channel Master 3022 but I'm worried that it might be too directional for a fixed installation. Given my proximity, perhaps an omni-directional would suffice?

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated.

--Bruce.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.