AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a good OTA(ATSC and Unencrypted QAM) tuner for my KRP-500M.

I'm not a big TV person but girlfriend wants to watch some TV shows (like Desperate Housewives, lol) on the big screen, so all we need is the HD OTA local stations.

(I remembered that most local stations are Unencrypted QAM a year ago, have this changed?)

We want something that can do 720p/1080i video, and it would be nice if it have HDMI output for audio and video.

The external tuners that I'm looking at now are the

1. KWorld SA290(Component)/295(HDMI) tuners

2. ePvision PHD-205LE

I would love to get some comments on which one of the tuners listed above is better, or if there's any other tuners that offers the same or similar feature.

Thanks

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,724 Posts
This topic has a list of current Digital TV (ATSC) and digital cable clear QAM tuners: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=179095

Do a search in this forum for the specific units you are interested in. The KWorld unit does not have digital audio output. The PHD205LE has it's own topic and is relatively popular.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts