AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Radio Shack VU-120 XR mounted in my attic. I am about 26 miles from the furthest tower and am able to get all the digital stations with signal strengths that range between 50% and 85% on my zenith dtv-1080. Most of the stations are not at full power. My parents just moved into a new house that is roughly the same distance and orientation from the towers.

I was planning on using the same antenna mounted in their attic. However, the roofing board has that techshield radiant barrier on it that will most definately interfere with the signal, so it appears that an attic installation is out and a roof installation is the only option. Since the VU-120 XR antenna is HUGE and assuming they would get similar results as me with the VU-120 XR in an attic , can anyone recommend a smaller sized VHF/UHF antenna to be roof mounted that's likely to give comparable or better results? Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Just try one of the smaller Radio Shack VU models. All of my Digital stations are UHF, so I use a 15-2160 in my attic and it works great at picking up Baltimore and DC stations.

RS does carry 50 & 80 inch VU attennas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.