AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been able to pickup a few stations via a DST-3000 and RS double bowtie antenna, but it's one of those deals were I do not have line of sight to the towers. The antenna has to be positioned just right and I can get 100% signal strength but it moves around a little sometimes. For me the signal is found about 3-4 feet above the floor, with one of the ends of the antenna bowties pointing in the direction of the signal. In some cases the antenna is sitting on the coffee table or resting on top of the sofa by the window :-( If the antenna is moved to the left, right, up or down by an inch or two the signal goes to 0%. For channels broadcasting around the same axis, I have to move the antenna for each channel in order to pick it up. I live on the third floor of a 16 floor condo building, on the farthest side away from the broadcast signal. The building is the size of one full city block. The building is made of reinforced cement with a brick face. HVAC duck work runs over head in every unit.

That being said, the $65,000.00 question I have is in this case is there really any good indoor antenna/preamp configuration that works that does not require the very precise placement of the antenna? Any recommendations?

One comment on the 1080i that the DST-3000 is displaying on the 40H80 is dot crawl, man it sure shows it's ugly face. I hate to say this, I think I like the 480p from the DVD better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.