AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Do a search. Apparently its possible to get LA OTA in Somis. Its not possible in Thousand Oaks. I know it doesn't make sense, but as usual, its location, location, location. If you can get OTA UHF from Mt. Wilson, there is a good chance you can get the HD as well.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
152 Posts
I live in Westlake Village, a mile fr. Thousand Oaks. I get the following DTV channels: KABC, KCBS, KNBC, KCET, KTLA, KCOP. Im using a channel master deep fringe antenna plus a signal amp. With the Sony box, signal strength is around 82-92.

Of course it helps that I live on top of a hill, but I'm getting them nevertheless.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Try this simple test.

Do you get a good signal on your car radio (in stereo, no static) on 93.1 mHz FM? KCBS-FM (Arrow 93) is a good, high-power FM on the KCBS-DT tower.

If you can hear it, chances are OTA HD will work.

But next time you drive down the Camarillo grade on US 101, take a look at that big steel tower on the hill covered with prickly pear cactus.

That's the tower your local cable TV company uses to pick up the Mount Wilson TV signals...

Camarillo has those big mountains to the east that throw an FM shadow all the way out to Oxnard Blvd. I would guess you are SOL.

Please give me a crossroads near you and I can tell you more.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Eric,

You lucky b******!

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ken, did you try the antennaweb.org web site to see what it says about your location? At least in my situation, it was quite accurate about station availability and where to aim the antenna.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.