AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to ask whether residents of southeastern michigan could comment on which combo of HDTV STB and antenna they have used successfully for OTA HDTV in our area and the quality of the result. Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've read threads in other forums (HTF) and there are a few guys in our area using the Samsung box and are really happy with it. That's the one I am looking at buying right now....it is strictly for OTA reception, but is a bit less expensive than the DirectTV/OTA boxes. I am in Madison Heights.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I use the Dish 6000 and a channelmaster 3021 uhf only antenna. Make sure you get it up above the roofline. I don't even use a rotor because I'm so close to the towers in Southfield. you're probably just as close. Other than the economic opportunities, this is one of the good things about living in Michigan.

·
Banned
992 Posts
I have a DTC-100.

Now that Echo/Direct are in this buyout negotiations, I would wait a few weeks to see if they start trying to blow out the expensive Directv HDTV receivers.

And even if you don't, you should be able to find an open box DTC-100 for less then $350.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.