AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hughes Platinum HD Receiver, Direct TV, and a Terk HDTV60 outdoor antenna. I am having a problem related to local digital reception via Terk antenna. I am receiving all available local digital channels with excellent signal strength measured by Hughes receiver (all greater than 95). Despite excellent, continuous,unbroken signal strength, the reception is intermittently and frequently severely pixilated. I have also intermittent "freezing" of images. When this occurs, it is present on all local digital channels; not just one. The problem intermittently occurs but will last for minutes to hours; occasionally I will have continuous excellent reception lasting a few hours (again all OTA digital stations will be OK). I am suspicious that the problem lies with my Hughes receiver and not the Terk antenna. I should mention that reception via dish, including Direct TV HDTV stations is excellent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, L Stern ([email protected])

·
Registered
779 Posts
If it locks I wouldn't think you are having a antenna problem, but who knows maybe the stb is not as sensitive as it needs to be in order to alert you to problems. If you want some piece of mind you might want to try a antenna that is know to work well to compare it with. After trying a couple of antennas, including the terk, which did not work well for me, I found that the radio shack double bow tie worked extremely well and it only cost $15. You might give that one a try and compare the difference. If it does not help you could return it or just eat the $15, btw you will need a 300 ohm to 75 ohm adapter with this antenna.

Regards,

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.