AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to cut the cable soon & plan on buying a outdoor antenna and replace the DirecTV satellite with it after I cancel my service. Ill be splitting the signal to each room the same way DirecTV is split to each room.

My question is how do I get a TV guide on the TVs in each room & what is the best way to setup a DVR on My HTPC?

I have a Roku 3 that I would like to watch my DVR shows on if possible

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicVegas  /t/1470096/ota-dvr-tv-guide-help#post_23248736

Im going to cut the cable soon & plan on buying a outdoor antenna and replace the DirecTV satellite with it after I cancel my service. Ill be splitting the signal to each room the same way DirecTV is split to each room.

My question is how do I get a TV guide on the TVs in each room & what is the best way to setup a DVR on My HTPC?

I have a Roku 3 that I would like to watch my DVR shows on if possible

To get guide data on each TV, you would need a pc at each TV, running Windows 7 Media center, a box (or 2) from Silicon Dust, an antenna feed, and ideally a wired network connection at each location.
http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun/atsc/

Since you have rg6 cabling already run from an existing sat feed, it should not be a problem getting signal to the Silicon Dust boxes. Each of the HDHomeRun boxes have 2 tuners in them so you can record 2 shows at the same time, and access them over the network. I have a PC in my basement, and I store recorded content on a 3 TB hard drive. The only downside is finding time to watch everything..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.