AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i am willing to get one of those big outdoor UHF antenna that goes on the roof, am i all set for receiving HD assuming i have a HD STB?

i live in an area that can get most of the HD channels if i get a something that can get "green" signals at 334 deg per instructions from antennaweb.org

anything else? do i need a particular antenna with a particular strength or am i set with most antennas (radio shack, lowes) assuming i get one big enough. do i need a pre-amp? sorry for the newbie questions.

thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
As long as your antenna has the same (or better) color rating (this rating is posted on the antenna box at the store for this purpose) of the channels that antennaweb gave you (green in your case), you should be all set. It might be a good idea to get an antenna with the next better color rating to make sure. As long as all channels are coming from the same direction (the 334 degrees you mentioned), you shouldn't need anything else, though a lot of installers will try to sell you a rotor to spin the antenna remotely. They might also try to sell you an amplifier, which you might not need.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Channel Master is pretty popular, but if you are looking for a medium multi directional, I have had some luck with, the new DB2 from Antennas Direct.

DB2

Its similar to the Channel master, but beefier and a little higher gain.

They also have a larger one for a few bucks more

DB4

It might be worth a try.

good luck,

Walter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.