Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need any help that anyone could give.

I own a Mit 6000 HD Receiver, Mit 65 Diamond using DirecTV. I love what I have but need more. Could someone enlighten me on how to receive OTA HD signals and view them? I live north of LA about 40 miles in the Santa Clarita valley. General OTA reception is terrible.

I suspect this request or a similar has been posted, but I just do not know how to proceed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Search for OTA HD and you'll find many pages of detailed advice on the topic. The bottom line seems to be many areas of S. Cal are afflicted by weak signal and multipath due to the local mountains. A common solution is the Channel Master 4248 antenna, Channel Master 7775 preamp with antenna

rotor.

Jeff Hipps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the help. By reading through, it looks like the CM4248 or 4228 along with the 7775 preamp is the way to go. Any ideas on where to go to get this hardware?

Also, do I dare mention anything about Terk? Any thoughts on this HDTV60??

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
 www.starkelectronic.com has the full Channel Master lineup.
www.consumer-direct.com has the 4248 but they sell the CM7777 preamp not the CM7775. The 7777 has 3 db less gain in the UHF spectrum and will also boost VHF.

I have the 7777. Wish I had the 7775 but don't know if it would make a difference.

Jeff Hipps

URL's are from my memory. They should be ok, but then I'm getting older.....

[This message has been edited by Stereojeff (edited 07-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Stereojeff (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
One more option on the antenna is the Winegard series...probably one of the best competitors for the ChannelMaster4248. Look into the Winegard CA-9095. I believe that it has more gain and a slighter wider reception pattern. The CM and Winegard specified are both UHF only antennas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.