Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Textf>Texts>

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone here is receiving OTA HD channels in the Detroit area. If so, what antennae are you using and what receiver. Also, what channels do you get? Does anyone know what city the signal comes from?

I live in Mt Clemens and I'm wondering if it's worth the leap into the HDTV world at this time.

Thanks,

Lunarist

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh Yes, I use the Channel Master Stealth antenna and dish 6000 and it works great.The towers are on 8 mile The only channel I do not get is Windsor cbc 9. I could put a rotor on there just have not yet. Every station has there digital channel up and running except channel 20. I do not regret my purchase. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome, lunarist!

You'll find quite a few Detroit-area viewers of HDTV hanging out here. I'm in Westland, and I use a DTC-100 with a Radio Shack bow-tie antenna on both of my HD setups (one upstairs, one downstairs).

The only Detroit stations that are not broadcasting DTV signals are channel 20 and channel 38. None of the Windsor stations are broadcasting DTV, either.

Roger in DTW

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
DTV Channels In Detroit, as of May 2001

and HDTV programing

WJBK-DT ch 58 FOX

No native HDTV, but some entertainment programs in 480p 16:9

WXYZ-DT ch 41 ABC

NYPD Blue, quite a few of the The Big Picture Show movies

WDIV-DT ch 45 NBC

The Tonight Show, and very rare (2) NBA games

WTVS-DT ch 43 PBS

Quite a few episodes of Nova, American Experience, Nature, etc. Also a high quality HDTV demo loop the rest of the time.

WKBD-DT ch 14 UPN

No native HDTV, just upconverted NTSC

WWJ-DT ch 44 CBS

Most all entertainment programing in HDTV. Many major sporting events (SuperBowl & NFL playoff games, The Masters, US Tennis Open, NCAA Final Four), theatrical & made for TV movies.

Here are two starting points for antenna selection,
http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/
http://www.titantv.com/ttv/index.asp

------------------

"better living thru modern expensive electronics"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Lunarist!

I'm pretty close to you (I live on the east side of Macomb Township) and I just purchased the Samsung SIR-T150 OTA STB about three weeks ago. I got fair to decent reception using a simple rabbit-ear antenna, but I am currently upgrading to a Channel Master 3016 w/Spartan preamp in the attic to improve the signal strength.

If you read thru the forum, you'll see that there are a few issues with the Samsung (problems getting WTVS "PBS" is one of them), however, I am still very pleased with it..its a very sensitive tuner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.