AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Sony 65XBR2 RPTV and would like to view local LA HD programming. Can anyone reccomend an antenna, pre-amp, and recievier (if required). I live in the Beachwood Canyon area, in the flats under the Hollywood sign. I've looked at antennaweb, which recommended a Medium Directional with pre-amp (red) antenna. I've read this entire forum, but I am looking for some personal advice.

I'll be viewing HD on my RPTV, and NTSC on my 8 other home TVs so I suppose I'll need a UHF/VHF combination antenna and amplification, too. All my home TVs are currently hooked up to cable and satellite via a splitter, but I'm aiming to replace the cable with OTA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good luck!! Big mountain in the way to Mt. Wilson. Most ask to check if you can pick up channel 28 OTA. If so, you got a shot. Otherwise unless you build a 20 story Antenna, you are SOL.

Probably want to get a professional installer in Hollywood to give you some advice of his/her experience.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I guess I should buy some cheap set-top antenna to test the channel 28 theory, right? do you, or does anyone have a reccomendation for a professional installer in my area (Hollywood Hills)?

·
Registered
972 Posts
There was a long thread about reception from Mt. Wilson. You might want to do a search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.