AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a rural area west of Tucson and currently only use a small rooftop directional antenna to get local CBS, UPN, and Warner bros channel. I went to the website that allows you to input your address and it tells you more or lesss wha type of antenna you would need to pull in stations. I know Phoenix has some HD ota stuff and according to the website I only need a medium directional amplified antenna. to pull in those digital stations that fall within. Is it typically possible to receive signals from so far away? Phoeinix is up the road some 90 miles or so. I have no idea where the broadcast towers are. Granted there is not much between Tucson and Phoenix to block anything but I was wondering if there are any experts out there who could tell me if I would be wasting my money to attempt getting

these OTA stations. I think some Tucson stations are going digital in 2003

but I dont know whether they are going to broadcast any HD content.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live in Wilton CT. I used antennaweb.org to see if I would be able to pull in the HD stations. They were right on. I got just what they said I would. It's worth it! Even the non HD digital TV is much better than my cable. I even get the stations in the blue area. I have a channel master 3019 with a preamp located on the roof of a two story house.

·
Registered
853 Posts
All of the Phoenix stations transmit from South Mountain, just south of Phoenix. If your along the I-10 Corridor it may be possible to receive the Phoenix stations, although South Mountain is not a very high mountain. You may want to swing your antenna to the NW and see if your receive the UHF stations from Phoenix (15 and 45 in particular). IIRC, only KNXV(ABC), KAET(PBS)and KPNX(NBC) air HD in Phoenix. KPHO(CBS) doesn't pass HD through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.