AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that I also posted in the huge Denver HDTV thread. I have indoor antennas (RS rabbit and double bow tie). I am approximately 10-12 miles from downtown Denver at N39deg54 W104deg57 in Thornton at an elevation of 5245 ft.

With my current setup I am able to pick up OTA all analog stations except WGN channel 2 very strongly. I am able to pick up with digital signal strength >80 PBS:KRMA and FOX:KDVR on my DST-3000.

I am unable to pick up, at any time, ABC:KMGH or CBS:KCNC.... but there is usually an indicator for KMGH. On Mondays, during MNF I usually make an attempt to see if I can pick up KMGH. Last Monday, I had a signal strength (while I was touching my antenna array!) of peak 12. No where near enough for any kind of reception required to see a picture even briefly. I know that CBS:KCNC is not on the air yet.

I have tried multiple times to pick up the low power ABC broadcast. I also tried a couple of different "amplifiers" that only made my strong digital signals worse. (They did not help at all).

My question, that I have asked people at TV shops and Radio Shack without much direction is this:

**Would a roof top antenna--pointed towards downtown--allow me to pick up the low power KMGH OTA HDTV signal? I would like to know if ANYONE in Thornton is picking up KMGH:ABC with an antenna. Would anyone like to recommend a specific antenna?

I went to antennaweb.com. It was not much help. I want to know if under any circumstances I might be able to pick up ABC and future CBS broadcasts with an outdoor antenna. If not, then why invest in an antenna and installation time?

Anyone?

Dan Leithauser

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.