AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody in North Haven is getting local HDTV, what antenna are you using? I'm in the Ridge Road area and the new set arrives on Friday. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
You should be able to get WTNH 10 with no problem.

Unfortunately that is about it for now, WFSB out of Hartford broadcast usinging candelight power so its signal does not make it out to far.

All other Connecticut stations are waiting for Antenna work to be done on Rattlesnake Mountain, before installing their DTV transmitters.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey Arebee,

I've tried getting both Boston & NY stations with my deep fringe Winguard in the attic with the Channelmaster 7777 pre-amp and got nothing, I mean nothing, not a blip on the signal meter.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Such,

I wouldn't expect to get anything from Boston or NYC in our area. That's a good 120 miles from central CT. I can't even pick up the Holyoke, MA PBS. I have heard of people in Eastern CT getting Boston stations on occasion, but certainly not all the time. I thought North Haven would be close enough to NYC to pick up something on a regular basis.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
New Haven CT = only WTNH.

Same for Naugatuck, CT (though one guy is getting WFSB via an act of God, on his hill, the highest in the area).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.