AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there able to recieve any HDTV channels via ota in warwick NY ? If so, what channels are you getting ?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody out there

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know how much this will help you, I live in Carmel, NY and I fget WCBS,FOX5 and UPN9 out of NYC also I can receive WTNH(abc) out of Ct it requires a vhf antenna that I don't have up at the present time.....Hope this gives you somekind of help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where in Carmel do you live?

I leave right near the high school and was trying to figure out what OTA signals I might be able to get.

I'd love a chance to talk to you before I take the HDTV plunge.

George

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, carmel is pretty far from me though, but it is probably about the same distance from the city as I am though. Any one else in the orange county area ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live about 10 miles from the Warwick High School. Actually I live near Unionville N.Y. and currently have dishnetwork and receive HDTV through them but I would like to get an antenna and try the locals through the antenna. Please let me know how you do.:)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna stop at ratshack tonight and pick up an antenna, I'll post my results in the next few days.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you'll probably need an antenna amp as well. I recommend the Channelmaster Titan, but others on AVS have had good success with Winegard. I initially tried a Radio Shack amp, and it made no impact whatsoever. My Titan 7775 made a world of difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
smddoc -

I just came across this post from may. Did you have any luck get OTA HD in Warwick? I live in Goshen and I was curious if you had any success before I give it a try.

Dodgeboy95

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not much luck here in Poughkeepsie. I have the Rs VU-190 and no amp.

All I can get is a signal from WTNH but no pic. I have the Hi-Pix card.

Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't found anyone yet who has had success - I am hoping I just haven't looked hard enough... AntennaWeb seems to indicate that WCBS is possible, given the right antenna and amp...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.