AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recieving signals from NY or Philadelphia from Warren, Martinsville, Basking ridge areas of NJ? If so, what equipment are you using?

------------------

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys please keep me up on this, I'm in Basking Ridge and am very close to "taking the plunge"into HDTV based on reception.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting more information. Are you getting CBS? apparently the Radio Tower in Warren is causing problems for reception of CBS? What Antennae and other equipment are you using?

------------------

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Basking Ridge (near Lyons) and on the back side of the "Millington Quarry" hill. With a $60 Radio Shack antenna in the attic I get all of the New York stations at high signal levels (75-92). It did take a little while to get the antenna situation working...with special attention to the quality/bandwidth of splitters, preamp, coax connectors, etc.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You should be able to get all fine stations in basking Ridge. I watch them down here in central Bucks County, Pennsylvania, over a 65 mile path.

The STEALTHtenna is a VHF/UHF combo antenna, but has most of its gain on VHF - it's not really well-suited to UHF reception. (All of the NYC DTV stations are on UHF frequencies.)

Try either the Channel Master 3021 4-bay screen, or CM 3022 suburban UHF yagi for better results. If signals are weak, add the CM 7775 UHF preamp. That should be all you will need.

For more info, go to www.projectorexpert.com and check out the articles on DTV reception.

KC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.