AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't tried my OTA reception since June. In setting up to start recording the new season on three MyHD computers I have found that HD channels 2 and 7 (NYC area) do not come in (black screen). I also tested this by going directly into an HDTV. HD channels 4 and 5 are clear on all systems. Could this be my roof top antenna or the cable coming into the house? Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you have a signal amplifier you might want to check that first. I had a power supply for a winegard amp go bad and some channels were fine while others had no signal. I replaced the PS and it worked fine again.

Brian

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Brian, but I have no amp on the line. It's strange that all of a sudden those 2 channels disappeared. I wonder if it had something to do with the switch over. I'm about 26 miles from the NYC antennas. Would a bad connection effect only 2 channels? Or something loose on the roof top antenna itself?

Gary

·
Registered
22,656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NY /forum/post/17026338

I wonder if it had something to do with the switch over.

Just to eliminate the obvious... have you re-performed a channel search/scan since the digital transition on June 12 (or July 12 for nightlight stations)?

Digital channels have changed or reverted to their permanent broadcast frequencies.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
WCBS and WABC both changed frequencies for their digital transmission during the transition. WABC is now on VHF. If your antenna is UHF only, you will need to add a VHF antenna or change to a VHF/UHF antenna.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ratman and Colm; I did a re-scan on all computers just now. Surprise, surprise.....the channels are back. Thanks for your help.

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts