AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while surfing my favorite NYC OTA/List I flipped to WPIX-DT and was amazed of the NY Mets/T. Blue Jays baseball game. I thought at first that it was a DEMO because both teams were celebrating nostalgia by wearing old ***** League uniforms. I had guest that arrived and upon returning to my living room with refreshments I then realized that it was a live game. I noticed that the usual WPIX/DT Logo-Font overlay in the lower left part of screen, was presented in a new font logo PIX/DT. I then realized this was a HD feed. The picture was simply awesome as all live HD feeds are. Ill put this viewing as good as The Masters and Final Four on CBS-DT. My nephew who stated (*has season tickets to game) Why would I ever go to a ball game with a wide screen picture like that, and view it in the comfort of my living room?..missing all the hassles of parking, price gouging at refreshment stands yada..yada.. (now I will go help him get one and set it up!).

With the team most likely not going any place this season, I was guided toward watching the Yankees on FOX-DT which don't broadcast games in HD, simply because of a better live feed and content, well that changed. I am wondering now this years World Series and League Championship playoffs be broadcasting in HD?..If its FOX I think it wont.

Best of all my $15.00 Double Bow Tie Radio Shack antenna in the attic and a free broadcast makes it even more enjoyable!...Way to go WPIX....Great Picture!
LETS GO METS!---LETS GO METS!

------------------
Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I guess you haven't been monitoring the HDTV Programming forum lately. WPIX has announced they will broadcast ALL remaining Mets home games in HD. Yesterday's game was the sixth HD telecast by WPIX this season, and there's nine more coming:

August 10th, 7:10 PM, St. Louis Cardinals

August 12th, 1:10 PM, St. Louis Cardinals

August 25th, 7:10 PM, San Francisco Giants

August 26th, 1:10 PM, San Francisco Giants

August 27th, 1:10 PM, San Francisco Giants

September 1st, 7:10 PM, Florida Marlins

September 2nd, 1:10 PM, Florida Marlins

September 15th, 7:10 PM, Montreal Expos

September 23rd, 1:10 PM, Atlanta Braves

Big kudos to WPIX!

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey vruiz,

I just noticed your ball cap! I have MET vanity plates , so I should have guessed in advance that YOU have the remainder games listed...ahhhh Ha Ha Ha..good show buddy! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST boycott JVC

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Now only if my beloved "YANKEES" would follow suit!

Maybe the world series? The YANKEES will be there!

LET'S GO YANKEES..............

LOL

Bluerain

------------------

"Soon my friend,Soon...."

·
Registered
33,644 Posts
I know some people have been complaining about artifacts on WNET, but if you've seen the Mets on WPIX, WOW. I find these gross artifacts to be really disturbing. Whatever WPIX is doing, they are not handling motion well at all. Certain camera angles produce so much artifacting that it's hard to watch. Fans in the crowd seem to blur into a pixellized mess as the camera follows runners on the baseline. It's really weird since no such thing occurs on the Cablevision broadcasts of these games or Yankee games. Too bad Cablevision will soon be discontinuing these games via 8VSB once the new and "wonderful" Sony HD cable boxes come out with the dreaded firewire connections. I'm really beginning to dislike Sony (and Cablevision for that matter).

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I agree. WPIX has A LOT of work to do on their encoding and/or bit-rate because the pixellation is very annoying.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.