AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a UHF antenna to get local HDTV stations (Washington DC area). Works great - I'm getting 97-100% signal strength on every OTA channel. One question - should I expect to see channel identification and program guide info for these new stations in the Direct TV guide? I have a Sony HD100 receiver. Right now, the OTA digital channels all appear as "DIGT" and all the program info appears as "Digital TV Programming". According to my HD100 owners manual, the guide should display info for both satellite and OTA channels. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have a Sony HD100 - One of the problems with this STB is its lack of displaying PSIP information. I live in the Dallas TX area and have 7 HD stations (5 do HDTV) and the only one that any PSIP info is the WB station. In that case all that is displayed is the call letters. No program info. The only thing PSIP does for the Sony is to remap the UHF/VHF Digital station to the matching "Analog" station number.

Once or twice this past summer, the Sony would not display any picture because or PSIP problems between the broadcaster and the Sony.

It appears as if it is a Sony thing. Others have indicated that they receive OTA program guide info. I talked to Sony last week and the tech said that they know there is a problem but he would not commit to a fix date.

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.