AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a UHF antenna to get local HDTV stations (Washington DC area). Works great - I'm getting 97-100% signal strength on every OTA channel. One question - should I expect to see channel identification and program guide info for these new stations in the Direct TV guide? I have a Sony HD100 receiver. Right now, the OTA digital channels all appear as "DIGT" and all the program info appears as "Digital TV Programming". According to my HD100 owners manual, the guide should display info for both satellite and OTA channels. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know about the Sony, but in the Mitsu/Tosh/Hughes box you must enter in your zipcode to get local OTA channel information (although it does appear that DirecTV can force this from their end as well). This is not the same screen where you get dish pointing information from, but one of the other setup screens that takes the zipcode for guide information.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The SONY and the RCA can decode PSIP from the local station. If the local station has the equipment and is broadcasting the guide information the RCA can decode and display. The current software on the Sony has problems decoding PSIP, wait for an upgrade.

Mits, Hughe, Tosh, receive the guide from the satellite APG!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have the Mits SR-HD5 box and it shows local OTA program descriptions completely integrated in the guide. It was in the shop for repairs and I got a Sony SAT-100 as a loaner for two weeks. With the Sony none of the local channels remapped to their sub-channel number and I didn't get any program descriptions. All of the digital channels showed up in a separate section at the beginning of the guide. The fan also drove me nuts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.