AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder whether other people are experiencing the same problem I am with DISH and their program guides for OTA broadcasts for the Salt Lake City area.

Although the program guides for ABC, NBC, and CBS analog shows are correct, the program guides for ABC-HD, NBC-HD, and PBS-HD are all identical, and always the ABC guide.

Even if I turn off ABC-HD in both my favorites and delete them from the local channel list (since they seem to be running at half power or less these days), the NBC and PBS listings still show the program guide for ABC!

What's even more frustrating is that KUTV (ABC-40) apparently doesn't have the equipment to tape delay the boradcast to match their analog time, so we get the Central time zone feed for most of their programming.

I don't know whether this is a DISH programming problem, or is the fault of the program guide provider.

I'm using a DISH 5000, and I have the latest software download. At least I can now create a Favorites list that includes the 4-digit HDTV channels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use a Dish 6000 and also have problems with the program guides. So far I've found that whenever I scan either digital or analog channels, all the channels for which I've specified a network affiliate get set to ABC. I then have to go back and change the affiliate for these channels to fix the problem. It's a pain but I've learned to live with it. Incidently the 6000 has another bug where if you specify NBC as an affiliate, the guide shows programming for CBS (and vice-versa). Yet another bug is that when adding digital channels, there is no way to specify an affiliate..

I hope that they eventually fix these problems and one day I hope that all program guides will work correctly through PSIP.

Good Luck..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.