AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an older non-HD Toshiba 50" RPTV (TP50G90) that has component video input. I was originally going to purchase a Toshiba SIR-T150 stb but it appears the device can only output wideband YPrPb, and I need a decoder that can output 480i via component output, since I'd rather not use S-Video.

Den on the RPTV forum said that there is at least one stb with 480i component output, but didn't know which it was. Does anyone know of such a beast?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I want to say the Sony HD100 for sure, maybe others too.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
In general, there is not a lot of difference between 480i from S-Video & component video outputs. I wouldn't base a buying decision on that criteria, unless you never, ever plan on using the stb in any other mode.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go to the Samsung site and check out the booklet on the SIR-T150, this unit should meet your needs. I like mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The RCA DRD485RG also has component 480i out. I've seen it for around 150 bucks as a standalone unit. I have no experience with it, but I did remember seeing it while browsing one time. Hope this helps.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.