AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another request for reception reports on the interim analog NTSC transmissions in NYC. All of the engineers working to restore analog, and eventually digital, TV are interested in how well you receive the signals from the Alpine Tower and the Empire State Building.

Changes to the interim facilities happen almost everyday, so updated reports would be helpful.

Please list each channel (4,5,7,9,11,13,31,47) and give a brief description (i.e. good, fair, poor, noisy, no signal) of your reception quality. A short description of your receiving set-up (i.e. outdoor yagi with rotor, rabbit ears, etc.) along with your approximate location would also be helpful.

Most NYC stations have someone who monitors this forum, so your reports do matter. Thanks.

dtv4u

NYC

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recieve digital over the air only, and currently get CBS only. I haven't checked since the tragedy to see if others are on line yet. Its my understanding that only analog is coming on line at the Alpine New Jersey tower, but my info could be wrong.

My cbs recpetion is as it always has been. It is sometimes better OTA than via Dish

·
Registered
713 Posts
I wouldn't expect that there are many on this board that watch locals via OTA analog. I for one don't have a VHF antenna and imagine that I'm not alone.

Rich

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can get Fox, CBS and PBS-HD from Brooklyn using a Double Bowtie antenna (Radio Shack). I dont watch analog but I tried to tune analog channels just to see the reception quality and I can tell you it was terrible.

When are ABC, WWOR, WPIX and NBC going to put up digital transmitters again?

Thanks

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
539 Posts
I use an amplified CM combo on a rotor in the Northport area with decent elevation and line of sight reaching to Laguardia airport.

We've relied on analog OTA for about a year now. All analogs with the exception of CBS-2 have been good to fair and remain so now.

CBS-2 ranges from fair to poor.

The analogs go directly to the TV bypassing my STB. If you wish, I could run them through the STB to produce an actual signal strength reading.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
My analog reception used to be pristine before, now it's horrible! I don't want to get on the roof and turn my antenna to Alpine for fear of losing the digitals that are left, especially WNYE-DT from Brooklyn. Considering how picky that one is, I rather not even touch it. I'll just get the local channels from cable.

------------------

Vic Ruiz
STOP HDCP/DFAST/5C

·
Registered
3 Posts
From Manasquan, NJ (Exit 98 Garden State Parkway) outdoor CM antenna approx 25 feet AGL, aimed at WTC ...

On a 0 to 5 scale, 5 the best:

CBS (2) - 4

NBC (4) - 2

FOX (5) - 3

ABC (7) - 2

WOR (9) - 3 (Just came up on 9/27)

PIX (11) - 3

PBS (13) - 1

Will try and reaim antenna this weekend

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm located in central NJ, near Exit 8 of NJT.

On a 0 to 5 scale, 5 the best:

Analog

CBS (2) - 5

NBC (4) - 3

FOX (5) - 4

ABC (7) - 2

WOR (9) - 3

PIX (11) - 4

PBS (13) - 1

Digital

CBS (2) - 5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts