AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to directly tune to OTA HD stations using the remote? The prospect of displaying the guide, finding the ota category, selecting the desired channel, and pressing the OK button seems a little silly to me. Have I missed something?

Also, has anyone been able to figure out a way to select HD/SD discretely rather than the current toggle mode? When will consumer electronics manufacturers figure out that what we need are discrete codes NOT toggle functions http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif

Thanks -- Steve

------------------

STOP DFAST, BOYCOTT JVC, LONG LIVE HDTV

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi SteveV,

Yep can input the channel number directly. However it has to be 3 digit and optionally the 2 subchannel number. So for channel 20 you can do 02001 which will get you channel 20, subchannel 01. If you just do 020, then it will default to the first subchannel. 42-02 can be tuned directly as 04202.

Hope this helps,

Sal

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sal,

Thanks for the excellent news and VERY speedy reply!

Regards -- Steve

------------------

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sal,

My current system config is:

* Philips 64PP9751 64" RPTV HD Monitor

* HTPC (900 MHZ Athlon) for DVD playback, web surfing, pc gaming, de-interlacing/scaling, etc.

* Kenwood 1090VR DD A/V receiver

* Polk Audio RM-2000 satellites (front & rear lefts & rights)

* Polk Audio RM-2500C center

* Polk Audio PSW-300 Powered Sub

* Definitive Technology PowerField 15" powered sub

* Pronto Programmable Remote

* Dish Network 6000 w/8VSB module (just received it yesterday and haven't installed additional dish for 61.5 sat.)

* Winegard GS-2000 amplified bi-directional antenna

I pickup all the local hd stations (20, 30, 31, 42) with the Winegard. The 6000 reports signal strength in the high 80's low 90's. Hopefully, I'll have some time this week-end to climb up on the roof and install the new dish http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif .

Regards -- Steve

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.