AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 6000 with OTA module. When I want to watch the Houston CBS station, broadcast on Ch 31, I have to tune to the mapped channel 011-01. Invariably, during a period of an hour, I will lose the picture but not the sound. I change the channel, then try to return to 011-01 but it's not there. Instead, I have to tune in to 031-01. Normally, the 6000 won't accept 031 as a valid channel.

Is this another problem with the 6000, or is it likely a problem with the broadcast? DISH tech support told me to reset the receiver (unplug, remove SMART card...) but this didn't help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called KHOU and spoke to an engineer. He told me they have a problem with their flexicoder intermittently sending out an incorrect PSIP. The PSIP is the digital transmission data that includes the "virtual" channel number. The flexicoder is the hardware device that encodes the data stream.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can we get this fixed? Very annoying especially considering that CBS has the most HD available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've only been watching HD for two weeks (Tosh 3000) but I've had no problems with Ch 11. In fact, it never indicates anything BUT channel 11. Similarly, NBC is "translated" to Ch 2 while PBS is on both Ch 9 and 80-3. Oddly, ABC comes in only on 32-1. But it all was handled automatically by the tuner; so I just went with it...

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Keep notifying the station that you are experiencing problems. Most engineers are very helpful (and thankful for the feedback). Lots of times they are unaware of a problem unless we tell them, so keep the emails and phone calls flowing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.