AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I hooked up the 3D XL for the first time yesterday paired with a BenQ W600+

The input is connected to the HDMI from my pioneer 3D receiver which switches my satellite and Sony 3D bluray player. (I have not tried the DTV 3D channel yet.)

Using the Optoma glasses that are included with the 3D XL all I had to do was reverse the sync and after that 3D was good to go.

So, I plugged in my emitter for the mitsubishi glases I have and they worked as well but not as nice as the optoma. The mits are a tad bit brighter but 3D is not as defined although its more than acceptable. The Optoma glasses are a bit darker but have a lot more 3D pop.

My question is I think its best to avoid the emitter but what other options for glasses are there besides these big bulky ugly optoma glasses?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't know if your projector allows you to turn of DLP Link, but that is most likely what is causing your IR glasses to not have as good 3D quality. Most IR glasses don't effectively block the white flash sync used for DLP Link glasses leading to a washed out or image with less 3D effect if DLP Link is enabled and IR glasses are used.

If your projector has a 3D Vision or DLP Link off mode you should enable that if using non-DLP Link glasses.

Don't get the Viewsonic PGD-250 glasses. They wouldn't maintain a DLP Link sync with my HD66 when I tried two pairs.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hardvark, thanks exactly what I am looking for as far as price and they look a lot better. So it is DLP link glasses I search for? I am assuming these are rf glasses?

Peter, the emitter that I used was from my mitsubishi 3DC 1000 converter that was for my dlp ptojection tv. I just used the emitter so I could pair the glasses that came with it and the 3D XL so I would have a total of 3 pairs of glasses. Th optoma glasses work without the emitter and future purchases of 3D glasses I would prefer that they not use the emitter. I guess what I need are RF glasses correct?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 316 /forum/post/20815190

hardvark, thanks exactly what I am looking for as far as price and they look a lot better. So it is DLP link glasses I search for? I am assuming these are rf glasses?

Peter, the emitter that I used was from my mitsubishi 3DC 1000 converter that was for my dlp ptojection tv. I just used the emitter so I could pair the glasses that came with it and the 3D XL so I would have a total of 3 pairs of glasses. Th optoma glasses work without the emitter and future purchases of 3D glasses I would prefer that they not use the emitter. I guess what I need are RF glasses correct?

You need DLP Link glasses if you don't want the emitter. Avoid the Viewsonic PGD-250, they have massive sync issues. The Optoma glasses you have use DLP Link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone you will still se this post. How did you get your 3d sync activated on your Benq? I have a BenQ MX615 and I just got a 3D XL. I can get the 120Hz refresh rate on the projector, but the 3d options are always greyed out. Did you have to do anything special to get it to work on your BenQ model, or did it just work?

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.