AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new 65" Panny. I do not have the option of mounting on a wall (hard to imagine getting that 180lb. baby up on a wall anyway). I am really struggling with coughing up another $900 to a grand for the Panasonic stand. Has anyone else found in other options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts
AFAIK there is no other stand that will work with this monster, which is probably why Panasonic can get away with charging so darn much for the stand. And one or two other people here ordered the TV but the stand was on backorder so you might want to check the availability of the stand to see if you can even get one. It would suck to have the TV arrive with no way to set it up !

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am thinking about the same plasma but was just turned off with the price of the stand; here is what I was thinking of doing for a stand. Starting with a flat wall mount frame which would be mounted to a good strong stand which I would build out of oak. I plan on purchasing an oak base credenda so I could stain the stand to match.

As an extra safety factor the stand could also be bolted to the credenza with hidden bolts or screws. Anyone think of a reason this would not work.

·
Vendor
29,804 Posts
^^^ Not exactlly sure I have the same visual image. Sounds like it would work. I would use 2 X 4 oak studs, using the studs like if you were wall mounting the unit.

No other stand options
There are a few around, but not many.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i bought the stand at bb with a 10% off coupon

the tv is massive

they still reccomend strapping it down also in case of a earthquake

·
Registered
489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsdoc /forum/post/13006064

will the 65pz fit on a bdi stand?

BDI makes a few stands that will hold 180lbs. Deploy Max 9640, Avion Noir 8539, Icon 9428, Marina 8729, Meriden 8127, Novia 8429.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts