AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we did it! While there is alot of finishing touches left, we got the projector up and running. Tested with LOTR Two Towers, but the first official movie was Finding Nemo (lots of pleases from my 6 year old).

I know some have spent years, but we have been working on this since Halloween and it seems like forever. We also had to reduce the screen size because of the view from the 2nd row. We are also going to add some recessed cans sometime soon, since as you can see from the pictures that the room is dark even with the scones on.

Jerry

Linden Theatre

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Nice job, Jerry!

Of course you realize that not that you've seen your first movie, all progress will stop. ;)

Have fun!

Randy

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ain't that the truth Randy!

Jerry, nice one! I like the blue! The quality of the first paint you used was shocking! I've never seen paint peel like that! :eek:

Of course, don't you know that red is for left (port) and green is for starboard (right).....your sconces are the wrong way around!!! :D:D:D

Enjoy the theater!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, but if he plays a waterskiing video (with the camera pointed from the boat towards the skier) they are exactly correct. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

There is a story behind the lights. We went to one of those antique muti-screens and they had colored lights which looked cool. We decided to go for all red to match the carpet. However, getting 60 watt red bulbs was impossible, except for these red/green Christmas combos. SO after Christmas when everything went 75% off I bought my local Lowes and other stores.

Bottom line if anyone needs green bulbs let me know, I've cornered the market!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
163 Posts
green bulbs you say!

chalk me up for 50....or none..

just kidding

congrats on the first showing

it just sucks you in from here

·
Registered
1,280 Posts