1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Looks good--we're wrapping up to...maybe by Tuesday we'll be watching movies! Have fun in the new digs.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Chris,

looking good,

we have about the same set-up,

VT-2`S mains

VS-2A surrounds, i also use a pair of VS-2A`S for sides.

the only thing about the vs-2a`s i don't like is the slant on the back to mount,

did your mounting work out right for you???

i built columns so i can just stand them on shelves the way i wanted them..

do your vt-2`s have enough breathing room,side and rear walls???can you give me some measurements:)theater room measurements also:)

thanks-

good luck-love what you have done.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mercury
Chris,

the only thing about the vs-2a`s i don't like is the slant on the back to mount,

did your mounting work out right for you???

do your vt-2`s have enough breathing room,side and rear walls???can you give me some measurements:)theater room measurements also:)

The room is about 12'x17'. The slant on the VS2a worked great for me since the rears are toed-in and I was able to use provided brackets. I am looking to add a pair of HDP-2s for the sides but right now my setup is 5-channel. No $$$ for upgrades right now.

The VT-2 were about 18in from the front and side walls and could use some more but right now it seems ok with me.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Chris, the theater looks beautiful! How hard was it to staple the cloth and keep it taught and straight?

How did you hide the staples in the corners?

I am starting my theater in about a month and will be using the same application on my walls.

Again, very, very nice!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Chris, looks great - congrats! What colors did you chose for your GoM fabrics? They match well together in the room. We've been debating various shades of blue from our GoM swatches.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by T Richardson
Chris, the theater looks beautiful! How hard was it to staple the cloth and keep it taught and straight?

How did you hide the staples in the corners?

I am starting my theater in about a month and will be using the same application on my walls.

Again, very, very nice!
Stapling the cloth is not really that hard. I've learned from various HT's in this forum. You'd do a better job if you have someone helping you keeping the cloth straight while you staple it. Get a good electric stapler. I went through three electric staplers from Home Depot, they keep jamming on me and I keep returning them.

The corners are covered by corner moulding from HD as well stained the same way as the rest. Cut yourself mouldings from Home Depot is great..you don't waste a lot of materials and $$$.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by baloo
Chris, looks great - congrats! What colors did you chose for your GoM fabrics? They match well together in the room. We've been debating various shades of blue from our GoM swatches.
The top fabric is 150 Wedgewood and the bottom fabric is 153 Baltic. We got a lot of ideas and input from Scott Vonhof. A member of this forum as well. His HT is linked here: http://www.vonhofs.com/theater.html

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
What kind of chars are those? They look really nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bpape
What kind of chars are those? They look really nice.
The two chairs beside the coffee table are reclining chairs w/ ottoman from Ikea. The rear theater seats were purchased from Kustom Ken. Here is the thread regarding these theater seats: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=39488

·
Registered
940 Posts
Very Nice!! When are we going to get to come over and spill some popcorn?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't believe all the great theaters on this site now. It keeps growing exponentially! I think we as a group are starting a trend. Someday people will think it is weird if your home doesn't have a dedicated theater!

You did a great job. Chris

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all.

Mattman,

It took us about 4 nights to staple all the fabrics. The treatment really smoothen the sound within the room. It improves the imaging of the NHTs as well as lessen the brightness of the speakers.

Frank,

Someone beat you to it already. We had some guests over the weekend and there were popcorn all over the place.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like the look and the layout. My project looks very similar in regards to where I wanted to take it. Do you mind quoting room dimensions? Mine is 11.5' x 19.5' and seems to be very close in size to your pics.

Nice job. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Otto
I like the look and the layout. My project looks very similar in regards to where I wanted to take it. Do you mind quoting room dimensions? Mine is 11.5' x 19.5' and seems to be very close in size to your pics.

Nice job. :)
The room is 12' x 17'. Height is about 90".

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
We are in the process of putting together our basement theater and we would like to have fabric for the walls. I have been trying to read as much as possible to not ask questions that have been answered already, but I do have some things that aren't entirely clear to me. If somebody would be so kind to help answer them, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Why do people use Insulshield below the chair line and batting above it?

2. How do you handle the baseboard area when you have baseboard radiators?

Thanks again for all the posts and ideas. :D

George

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.