AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny how each of us is so passion filled for what ever gear we own and we think there is no better in that price range. I guess it makes us feel more secure about the research and then choice we made when buying.

I wish about 50 of us lived in the same neighborhood and could really experience each others set ups. I know there would be alot of surprises. A few threads down, a man asked what speakers to buy in the 1K range. Some of the choices surprised me, and some missing did too. Missing is the Definitive Technology line. Obviously that's what I own. They are my 4th speaker set up and for now I am 110% happy with them. Having a powered sub in EVERY channel adds so much more realism to movies that none of my other set ups compare to this. I've had Klipsch,loved them, but they lacked bass,Signet, and a couple others. Some people don't like the bi-pole Def Tech arrangement. I love it, but that's what makes us all different. What sounds good to each of us. I love my SVS PB2+ sub, but others swear by the HSU line.

One thing I learned long ago, is that if I haven't heard "your favorite" in MY ROOM, then I can not comment on what it sounds like, good or bad. We all know each room is different and speakers sound different,as do receivers, pre-amps and amps, etc.

My uncle bought a complete 5.1 Def Tech Pro Cinema 80 set up and a Marantz receiver, all at my dealers suggestion(and mine). He has 1250.00 in the system. I went over and helped him hook it up and get it calibrated, and guess what? For 1250.00 it totally rocks! I couldn't believe how good it sounded FOR THE PRICE. Of course it doesn't compare to a set up like mine that's over 10K for speaks and rec., but for what he paid, it's killer!

In the end, just buy what sounds good to you. Sorry this is so long. I seldom write any opinion of mine, but when I do, I tend to rant.

Listen loud !

·
Registered
259 Posts
"Just buy what sounds good to you" That says it all. :) :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.