AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front speakers are BIC America , 4 rears are episode 500's. 1 BIC 12" down fire sub, 1 10" pinnacle front fire and a 6" RCA ( from very old system) sub.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Awesome! Nothing wrong with older equipment if it's quality. I just picked up some older NHT speakers and I love them.

I like your use of minions. lol my finace' loves those movies.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, my wife got me them for Xmas. They make sounds lol. Also got a talking Ted bear. I reused center channel and subs from previous house. New towers and surrounds. We have a optima projector, 120" dragonfly screen and Sony reciever. Plus bluray and jailbroke appletv.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I would add some build pictures. 2 lb mass loaded vinyl on floor plus sound board, gg and 1/2" osb. Double layer of 1/2" drywall with GG between.

First ever dedicated room.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Nice room. Looks like you put some effort into soundproofing, which those of us who did not, envy.

Difficult to tell from the pictures but looks like you could benefit from a few more absorptive panels...and maybe pull those beautiful left and right main speakers away from the side walls a little.

I sort of stumbled upon your thread. If you plan on sticking around AVSForum for a little while always a good idea to add a link to your build in your signature.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. Had to put some time in sound proofing due to theater is upstairs above master bedroom and next door to daughters room. Yes I am considering adding some more acoustic treatments and I will try your suggestion of moving right and left more towards screen edge. Also I will figure out how to add a signiture.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Glad moving the speakers helped a bit.

I believe to add the build link to your signature open your build thread, copy the WWW. address in your browser top line, then on your profile go into "Edit Signature". It will open up an edit window. In the icons above is the symbol of a linked chain. Click on it to insert a link then just paste into the URL box.

I think that should do it. It has been a while.

Had my theater build linked for awhile but I'm in the process of changing things so deleted the thread.

Enjoy your new theater. My family uses ours daily.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First shipment of acoustic panels came in. Treated wall behind curtains and center channel. Also first reflections on side. Sound is already improved with 12 more to come. Eventually I will make frames and cover with fabric.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts