AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer!!! Went to watch only our 3rd movie since getting this for the kids for Christmas and could not get it to power up. Turned off the XBox, unplugged all cables and plugged HD DVD into different outlet to make sure it wasn't the power source. Still nothing. I spoke with XBox CSR who had no experience with failed HD DVD so I had to wait 20 mins while he checked with supervisor to see what to do. Now I've got to ship to Texas (I'm upstate NY) for repair.

Anyone else have issues with these yet? I'm pretty good with the Home Theater stuff, but I have no experience with Xbox/Microsoft and this system. Can I expect a quality repair? Quick turnaround? Do they repair or replace?? CSR wouldn't give me any of these answers for "security reasons" so I'm reaching out here.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked the CSR about the repair charge and he said I was just responsible for the shipping out to Texas, they would do the repair and ship back to me at no charge. I have no confidence in that particular CSR, so I am calling again tomorrow before shipping out to confirm there are no charges.

I 'm also thinking I might be better off just taking it back to Target where I got from to see if I can just have it replaced. I purchased the unit Dec. 23rd.

·
Registered
751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickd71 /forum/post/0

I asked the CSR about the repair charge and he said I was just responsible for the shipping out to Texas, they would do the repair and ship back to me at no charge. I have no confidence in that particular CSR, so I am calling again tomorrow before shipping out to confirm there are no charges.

I 'm also thinking I might be better off just taking it back to Target where I got from to see if I can just have it replaced. I purchased the unit Dec. 23rd.

That's the better option. But *please* tell them that it broke, so they don't sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If the original store will take it back - try that first.

I purchased my unit from Amazon. When it broke, I shipped it back to them (at their cost) and they sent out a new one within two days.

I shipped out my unit on Sat, and they overnighted one on Monday, and I received it on Tuesday. Remarkable really.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My hd-dvd drive also broke but it might've been due to my baby stepping on the wires in the back. The power definitely worked in the drive (b/c the drive door opened and closed) but it looks like the usb connection was busted. I got it as an xmas gift from my wife who ordered it from amazon. i returned it to amazon (stating it was defective) for a full refund and bought a new one at circuit city using the $40 off coupon.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The power input on the hd-dvd player seems super flimsy...when I plugged in mine for the first time the plug moved around (meaning the inside is not fully tightened down)...this is true on all three I have had/exchanged (long story)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the repsonses guys. I'm going to try to take it back to Target this weekend, let them know the problem and see if I can get it swapped. Loved the PQ of the HD DVD's we've seen so far (the sound is another matter) so hopefully this was just a fluke.

I guess time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.