AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reseting the inputs I keep getting an Out of Memory Error when trying to down load the program listings.

The unit gets all the way to 90% and then report a connection error with server.

Also tried 777 zones to set set to the factory setting with out any luck.

The unit will compete the process if I enter no inputs. Tried to use the analog setting figuring that there was less info to download.

It looks like the download is using all the available memory of the unit.

I have Digital cable from Comcast they have just added additional channels to their lineup. Is it possible to max out the 3030's?

I have a 3030 upgrade with a 120 GB drive, upgraded a year ago.

:confused:

:confused:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
And when you upgraded, you did not select the "large cluster option", which frees up tremendous amounts of memory.

Delete as many channels you can from your guide, and delete as many Replay channels as you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony,

Yes I used the large block option back when the upgrade was done.

I tried deleting channels the problem is it has to run through the whole uploading of all the channel and channel programming and then you can go back and delete the channels.

It's a bit of a catch 22 at the moment. I'm going to try the original disk to see if maybe it might be a disk problem.

ump55

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Deleting the regular channels won't help (much). Did the factory reset erase all the Replay channels? If not, try deleting some (or most) of these. You can also try eliminating all the inputs and then connect with the server.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Certainly sounds like you DO NOT have large clusters. It is unheard of to run out of memory when connecting after a factory reset with large clusters. Repatch with RTVPatch 2.4 and answer yes to all prompts.

If your connection is dropping for other reasons, lower the modem speed setting to 33.6 or lower.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When he said "delete channels", he meant delete recordings and scheduled recordings.

I had the "out of memory" problem on my upgraded Showstopper when my cable line-up changed, and getting the Replay Guide under 30 shows solved it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback and help. I wound up re-patching the drive from the original and for now it is working. I don't know what happened but it seems to be fixed.

This unit was put together back in 2000 I'm just trying to get my monies worth on the lifetime subscription.

:)

ump55

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.