AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I recently purchased a new receiver and have noticed while watching television and movies that there is odd blue high contrast issue. I have attached a picture of this phenomenon while I was watching the Dr. Oz show.

The new receiver is a Pioneer Elite SC-25, previous was a Denon AVR-789. The television is a Panasonic Viera TCP50S1.

Is my receiver defective, misconfigured, or is there another issue?

Thanks!

Trevor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/19545810

Don't see it with a player/TV box hooked directly to the TV?

I performed that test, and observed that the blue issue does go away when the source is directly connected to the television bypassing the receiver. I did this test by pausing an affected frame on television. I then removed the DirecTV HD-PVR HDMI cable from the back of the receiver and connected it to the same input on the television. This test was done multiple times and produced the same result.

A few more details. The blue issue seems to occur intermittently. I am not sure what causes it, but it does seem to occur in similar places. In this case, Dr. Oz's dark hair per my previously attached picture. As an aside, I have updated the firmware of the receiver to the most current to no effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts