1st March 2011

Quote:
Feature commentary with director Steven Soderbergh and screenwriter Scott Frank

Inside Out of Sight

Deleted scenes

Music highlights

Production photographs

Theatrical trailer

SO.DAMN.BOUGHT. (if Universal leave the ton of grain alone)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have my fingers crossed they'll stick with the proposed artwork:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Man, I love that artwork.

One of my favorite films of the '90s, and the best work that Soderberg's done. I feel embarrassed to say it, but J-Lo deserved an Oscar.

And that supporting cast? Steve Zahn, Catherine Keener, Ving Rhames, Albert Brooks, Don Cheadle, Dennis Farina, Luis Guzman... amazing.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by win200 /forum/post/19615229

Man, I love that artwork.

One of my favorite films of the '90s, and the best work that Soderberg's done. I feel embarrassed to say it, but J-Lo deserved an Oscar.

And that supporting cast? Steve Zahn, Catherine Keener, Ving Rhames, Albert Brooks, Don Cheadle, Dennis Farina, Luis Guzman... amazing.

You're really not going to mention Michael Keaton? The table scene with him and Farina was to die for.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 /forum/post/19618613

Do you have one that says undercover?

Damn, beat me too it. I want to watch this movie. Right. Now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I found this in Best Buy today for $14.99. Yes the artwork is the same as shown above.

Having not found any screencaps/reviews or having ever seen the HD-DVD I resisted making a blind buy. Blame Universal and their recent PQ track record.

Anybody take the plunge?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just finished watching. Very happy with the purchase, good grain structure, mild softness in one or two shots (probably source), bitrate in the 30s or so. Considering the CE DVD back in the day was non anamorphic, and the HD-DVD was lossy, this was a no brainer.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reanimator
I found this in Best Buy today for $14.99. Yes the artwork is the same as shown above.

Having not found any screencaps/reviews or having ever seen the HD-DVD I resisted making a blind buy. Blame Universal and their recent PQ track record.

Anybody take the plunge?
When the price is very good and it is something I'm on the fence with it, I buy it regardless.

You can always wait for opinions afterwards and return it but you have eliminated paying higher in the future and possibly it being sold out at your store.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88
Anymore opinions on the BD quality?
I concur with vicmackey.

I picked up the movie yesterday at Best Buy and it looks pretty damn good. There's a fine layer of grain, present throughout the movie, and no visible DNR or EE. Colors look amazing at times and pretty good at others. No real complaints here.

If and when you do purchase it, skip to chapter 35, where Foley finds Karen at the hotel bar. Not only is it the best scene in the movie, but it's a perfect scene to showcase the disc's quality.

Overall, it's a faithful presentation that's absolutely worth an upgrade.

Unfortunately, the extras are all leftovers from the DVD, presented in 480p. The commentary is the same too. It's good material, but if you've probably seen, or heard, it all before.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronomac
I concur with vicmackey.

I picked up the movie yesterday at Best Buy and it looks pretty damn good. There's a fine layer of grain, present throughout the movie, and no visible DNR or EE. Colors look amazing at times and pretty good at others. No real complaints here.

If and when you do purchase it, skip to chapter 35, where Foley finds Karen at the hotel bar. Not only is it the best scene in the movie, but it's a perfect scene to showcase the disc's quality.

Overall, it's a faithful presentation that's absolutely worth an upgrade.

Unfortunately, the extras are all leftovers from the DVD, presented in 480p. The commentary is the same too. It's good material, but if you've probably seen, or heard, it all before.
Leftovers from the laserdisc! I have the 2 disc laser and even today it looks beautiful

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ordered it for pick up at my local BB, then got an e-mail saying it wasn't found in the store and I will be getting a refund. Guess I'll keep waiting.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.