AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally received my Sammy SIR-T165 STB from Sound City (was ordered on November 9th for $521.13). This box is replacing my Panasonic TU-DST50 which is part of the DISH 5000/modulator recording setup. Initial impressions are very favorable: PQ is excellent (though surprisingly not that much bettter than the DST-50 on a Toshiba TW56X81 display), setup was a breeze, and the Sammy recognized the 8VSB signal from my DISH modulator with no problem whatsoever. Since I plan on using the Sammy in my DISH recording setup until DISH releases their HD PVR models I'll be able to avoid all those pesky OTA problems other forum members have discusssed! :) Hopefully by the time DISH releases their HD PVRs Samsung will have released a firmware upgrade that will solve many of the issues curently being discussed.

One look at the T165 remote convinced me that developing a Pronto remote workaround to the much ballyhooed timer recording issue should be NO problem. I like the inclusion of a firewire button on the T165 remote which allows access to the onscreen tape transport menu. I'll be generating a Pronto CCF file for the T165 remote this weekend, along with (hopefully) a macro that will allow reliable unattended timer recording. I'll post it here when it's completed and tested.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.