AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would suggest going with a full HD model regardless of brand. I want to maintain my neutral stance with brands because I've owned both Samsung and LG and now own a Panasonic and loved all of them. When faced with this kind of decision you have to extensively research all features of the three sets and narrow down if possible. Next you need to determine issues with each of them and what the majority of ppl out there are saying. Do not take one persons view on the set because they could be highly biased pick a few of the advanced members here that generally have a non-bashing opinion on the unit and decide what the lesser evil is between sets then your final decision should be based on actually going to the store and seeing these exact models setup playing HDMI BD quality images in a darker environment, or as similar to your home as possible.

That's how I approached my decision to buy the Panasonic TC-P50G10 over the Samsung PN50B850.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went and checked them out in person.

Personally I thought the best picture out of all three was the Samsung.

It just "popped" (for lack of a better term)

RIGHT behind was the LG.

The Panasonic came in 3rd.

That's just my lowly opinion. And since I'm paying for it...well there ya go.

I've researched all the "issues" with all three.

LG owners mention glare..my living room is rather dark so probably not an issue.

Samsung owners had some "Buzzing" issues.

Panasonic owners seem happy..except that whole issues with Blacks changing.

I'm buying local..well just because.

So All 3 were pretty much the same price. Until I saw that HHGREGG has the LG for $699...$100 cheaper than the Samsung and $50 cheaper than the Panny.

So looks like tomorrow morning I'll go pick up the LG.

While I thought the Samsung picture was marginally better than the LG, it's definitely wasn't $100 better...

Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.