AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be posting for the first time.

I'm looking at upgrading to a Pioneer 80TXV and was comparing it to the 1016 after having read that they may be quite similar. In the process of comparing the manuals, I noticed that the 80txv includes a 5 band EQ as part of the MACC feature. With some experience in pro sound, I see how something like this would be very useful in a home, but I am left wondering why they use only 5 bands. Resonant frequencies are best eliminated with notch filters, no?

Does anyone know why the eq is so limited? Does it need to have more bands?

Does anyone know what the db/octave is on this EQ?

Does anyone use or has anyone every used a 15/31 band eq on their setup with any success?

I'm asking because I am interested in learning more, but also because I am trying to judge the benefit of these features in a Pioneer over, say, an Emotiva LMC-1 + LPA-1, which lacks the eq.

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've been looking at the LMC-1 and Pioneer as well. Currently I'm borrowing an 80txv. The EQ will not correct for major room problems. I'm going to need to treat my walls.

Also I'm not sold on the auto calibration. Some sources sound bad with it some sound good. Most of the time I turn MCACC off.

I'm leaning toward getting the LMC-1 because it supposedly has geat SQ, I'll have 30 days to try it, and I'm going to need to do sound treatments in my room anyway. Not having the EQ in the LMC-1 probably won't kill me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.