AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building an outdoor setup for summer movie watching for the kids and need some help on finding the right outdoor speakers. I did a very low-budget version last year, and it was very fun and successful.

This year, I'd like to take it up a notch and am seeking advice on outdoor speakers. A search through the forum yielded few results for outdoor speakers, and the ones I did find were discussions on outdoor zone-2 applications.

This will be a dedicated application for movie watching, so I'm looking for some advice and recommendations on high output speakers. I'm guessing a powered sub-woofer would be useless in the outdoor setting, so maximum bass seems like a priority.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the topic ?

Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I would recomend Rock speaker and a they do make outdoor subs. I never heard one before so I can't tell you how good the effect is, but it should add something. Try Niles as I have had their rock speakers but returned them when I got this great deal on some Klipsch demo's from Best Buy, but they sounded pretty good. They wouldn't fool anyome into thinking they are real rocks, but that isn't always important.

You can check out this site as well. They are very reasonable.
http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.