AVS Forum banner

Outdoor Movie Nights - 2010 version!

16K views 61 replies 25 participants last post by  Johnla 
Very anxious to go/get started myself. As a big milwaukee brewer fan, I wish I could get some later FRI SAT games but really nothing until later in the summer. All 6/7 pm starts. Odd how there's little to no west coast weekend series going on till later. Guess I'll have to "settle" with some movies for awhile.

Anyways, being new to PJ's, I'm completely expecting it to be much too bright at 7/8 PM in may/june for outside use for the earlier summer games.

I already have a pair of excellent outdoor speakers mounted to the left and right of where the screen will be.

Just a matter of running a LONG hdmi and extension cord.

Oh, AND geting a PJ!

Hoping to find a steal of a deal on c-list at some point.

Quick question:

I was hoping to just fabriate my own portable screen that I could hang on my trellis when I need it. Any suggestions? I was thinking of framing one up using 2X4's and using an appropriate piece of "canvas", stapling it to the frame, and painting it if necessary. Figure a couple of hooks and eye-loops will be fine to hang it.

will that work?

thanks all,

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.