AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the Patio construction in 3-4 weeks after years of waiting. I thought installing projector and getting the speakers connected to it will be simple. But now i am getting stuck....

Size of the Patio : 13' X 29'

Target : Watch Movies - Games on Projector , Play Music

Planning to buy Outdoor speaker AP840 - 4 Qty - mounted at 4 Corners.

Currently I have Onkyo 3007 on the Second floor closet to run the media room.

Is it possible to use this Onkyo 3007 to run the speakers outside, and play video ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you plan to run speaker wires a really long distance you'll need step-up transformers. If it were me I'd probably just install a cheap HTIB setup for the outside permanently. Then you have stereo outside all the time and it's immediately available for when you want to use for movies. You can get a cheap, but functional HTIB pretty cheap at Walmart these days unless things have changed since I left the US a few years ago. Enjoy.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim...I was thinking the same -

May be I should buy Cheap Receiver and put it in the closet as it is - Run speakers wires from the receiver and remote extender...

whenever i want to watch tv or play games - connect HDMI port manually from Media room to this one...

will be pain the @$$ - but i probably watch it outside - Twice a month....

Now i need to find CHEAP receiver - with HDMI ports / able to play music from cellphone through network

1 - 3 of 3 Posts